The MDVA-31763 patch solves the issue where catalog price rules are reverted until manual reindex. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.5 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-31763. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.5-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
catalogrule_product partial indexer is executed on configurable products, catalog rules get disappeared.
- Log in to the Admin backend.
- Go to Stores > Attributes > Product and search for the "manufacturer" attribute.
- Add a few options and set "Use for Promo Rule Conditions" to Yes.
- Go to Stores > Attributes > Attribute Sets.
- Select the default attribute set and add the "manufacturer" attribute to it.
- Create a configurable product with a couple of variations.
- Set "manufacturer" attribute value for previously created configurable product.
- Create catalog rules:
- Active = Yes
- Websites = Main Website
- Customer Groups = NOT LOGGED IN
- Conditions: manufacturer = <selected value for configurable product>
- Actions: Any discount
- Do a full index.
- Check product price on PDP and make sure the price is correct.
- Update the "weight" attribute of the created configurable product.
- Check product price on PDP.
The catalog price rules set on configurable products are not removed during partial reindex.
The catalog price rules set on configurable products are disappeared during partial reindex.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.