The MDVA-40619 patch solves the issue where the CMS page hierarchy changes break CMS page inline edit and throw "500 error". This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.5 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-40619. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
CMS page hierarchy changes break CMS page inline edit and throw "500 error".
- Go to the Admin Panel > Content > Hierarchy.
- Select "Default Store View".
- Uncheck "Use the parent node hierarchy".
- Select page manually and click Save.
- Then Go to Content > Pages.
- Try to edit any CMS page from the grid.
- Click Save.
Page is saved successfully.
You get the following error:
A technical problem with the server created an error. Try again to continue what you were doing. If the problem persists, try again later.
Error: Call to a member function getData() on null in /magento2ee/app/code/Magento/VersionsCms/Controller/Adminhtml/Cms/Page/InlineEdit/Plugin.php:62
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.