MDVA-32776: Stock status not updated with order placement
The MDVA-32776 patch fixes the issue where the stock status is not updated when an order is placed but not shipped. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.6 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-32776. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.1-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The stock status is not updated when an order is placed but not shipped.
Inventory module is installed.
Display Out-of-Stock Products is set to Yes.
To set, go to Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Inventory > Display Out-of-Stock Products = Yes.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create two simple products with qty = 11 and 22.
- Create a grouped product using the simple products created in step one.
- Add grouped products to the cart by setting one of the product qty to 11 and making the other simple product go out of stock.
- Complete the checkout and place the order.
Grouped products display
out-of-stock labels when associated simple products go out of stock.
- The simple product with qty = 11 shows out of stock.
- The grouped product does not show an out-of-stock message for the product with qty = 11. Though, adding this product to the cart gives an out-of-stock error.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.