MDVA-41139: Configurable product becomes out of stock after product import
The MDVA-41139 patch fixes the issue where the configurable product becomes out of stock after product import when the simple product's qty = 0 for one of its sources. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.8 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-41139. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The configurable product becomes out of stock after product import when the simple product's qty = 0 for one of its sources.
Inventory modules are installed.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a new source and stock.
- Create a configurable product with children products assigned to the default source and the new source.
- Set the value of default stock for each children product = 0, and for other stock > 0.
- The configurable product is in stock.
- Export this product and import it again.
The configurable product is in stock as the second source has quantity > 0.
The configurable product is out of stock.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.