MDVA-38393: Catalog rules stop working for configurable product if its simple product is re-named
The MDVA-38393 patch fixes the issue where catalog rules stop working for a configurable product if its simple product is re-named. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.8 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38393. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Catalog rules stop working for a configurable product if its simple product is re-named.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a configurable product with an associated simple product.
- Create a category.
- Assign only the configurable product to the new category.
- Create new catalog rules:
- Condition = Category contains <new category id>
- Action = 50% discount
- Active = Yes
- Perform reindex.
- Check the configurable product on the frontend (the discount should be applied).
- Check the
catalogrule_product table (the simple product should have a discount).
- Go to the Admin and change the name of the simple product. This would add a record to the
- Execute the cron or the
bin/magento cron:run --group=index --bootstrap=standaloneProcessStarted=1 command.
- Check the
The configurable product has a discount.
- The discount records created for the simple products are missing in the
- The configurable product on the frontend has the full original price.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.