MDVA-42326: Customers get error on checkout after session timeout
The MDVA-42326 patch solves the issue where the customers get an error on checkout after the session timeout, even if the Persistent Shopping Cart is enabled. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.8 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-42326. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.6 - 2.3.7-p2, 2.4.1 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Customers get an error on checkout after the session timeout, even if the Persistent Shopping Cart is enabled.
- Go to Config > General > Web > Default Cookie Settings > Cookie Lifetime and set to 120.
- Go to Config > Customers > Customer Configuration > Online Customers Options and set both values to 2.
- Go to Config > Customers > Persistent Shopping Cart and set to Enable.
- Go to Config > Sales > Payment Methods and turn off all payment methods except Check/Money Order (it should be enabled).
Steps to reproduce:
- Log in as a customer and add some products to the cart.
- Check the shopping cart.
- Wait for two minutes (set in precondition); the session should timeout.
- Click Go to checkout and do not refresh the page.
- Checkout as a guest, fill shipping address and choose a shipping method.
- Click Next.
- On the Review & Payments page, click Place Order. Since only one payment method is allowed, the customer should be able to place the order without selecting the payment method.
The customer should be able to place the order.
The customer gets the following error: Failed address validation: Email has a wrong format.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.