The MDVA-42657 patch solves the issue where the admin user is unable to select categories in the customer segment conditions. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.9 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-42657. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1 - 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Admin user is unable to select categories in the customer segment conditions.
- Go to Customers > Segments.
- Create a new segment.
- Go to the newly created segment and click Conditions in the left side navigation.
- Click the green plus sign.
- Select Product History under Products.
- Change "viewed" to "ordered".
- Change "ALL" to "ANY".
- Click the nested green plus sign and select Category.
- Click the ... sign and then click the chooser icon (to the left of the checkmark).
- Open the browser dev console.
- Click the Save button.
- Navigate back to the condition and check if the selected categories are saved.
The selected categories are saved and selected when viewing/editing the segment conditions.
The selected categories are missing and did not save properly. You get the following error in console:
category-checkbox-tree.js:249 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set properties of undefined (setting 'value') at Ext.tree.TreePanel.Enhanced.<anonymous> (category-checkbox-tree.js:249) at Ext.util.Event.fire (ext-tree.js:29)
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.