MDVA-37984: Visual Merchandiser not working correctly when staging updates are applied
The MDVA-37984 patch solves the issue where the Visual Merchandiser's “Match product by rule” functionality does not filter products correctly when staging updates are applied. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.9 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-37984. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The Visual Merchandiser's “Match product by rule” functionality does not filter products correctly when staging updates are applied.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a schedule update for any existing product.
- Set different values for
- Create a new configurable product and then a simple product (so the new product
row_ids are different as well).
- To make it easier to replicate the issue, set a distinguishable qty value for the simple product - for example 5000.
- Go to a category > Products in category and enable Match products by rule.
- Now select "Quantity" as the attribute, "Greater" as the operator, and "4500" as the value.
- Click save.
The newly created configurable product is listed.
The newly created configurable product is not listed.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.