This article provides information on the known issue where the Product Listing Page (PLP) shows the We can’t find products matching the selection error while the search popover returns some items.
Affected products and versions
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.x
Live Search displays search results regardless of the stock status settings in the admin. Even when the Display Out-of-Stock Products is set to No, the products are displayed. It results in the PLP error We can’t find products matching the selection.
- Create a category, add products. (Example: Category = Jeans, Product1 = Blue Jeans, Product2 = Black Jeans)
- Make all products in the category out of stock.
- Set Display Out-of-Stock Products to No.
- On the storefront, enter "Jeans" in the search field.
- Click View All in the pop-up.
You see the We can’t find products matching the selection message on PLP, and no products are displayed on the search pop-up.
You see the We can’t find products matching the selection message on PLP, and both products are displayed on the search pop-up.
There is no solution for this issue at the moment. Our Live Search team will soon provide a setting to configure Live Search to display products correctly.
Install Live Search in our user guide.