This article provides a hotfix for the issue where users are not able to create partial invoices when using Apple Pay or Google Pay through Braintree as payment methods.
Affected products and versions
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.4
When using Apple Pay or Google Pay as payment methods, users get the error “The ‘vault_capture’ command doesn't exist. Verify the command and try again.” while creating partial invoices.
- Open your Adobe Commerce website.
- Add a simple product to the cart (qty 2).
- Choose Apple Pay or Google Pay as the payment method from the shopping cart.
- Place the order.
- Open order details from the back-end.
- Create a partial invoice.
- Create another invoice for the remaining amount.
Partial invoices are created.
The first partial invoice is created. While creating the second partial invoice, users get the following error: The ‘vault_capture’ command doesn't exist. Verify the command and try again.
Adobe Commerce saves credit card details in the vault to create partial invoices. Currently, there is no functionality to vault Apple Pay and Google Pay.
To resolve the issue, apply the following patch:
How to Apply the Patch
See How to apply a composer patch provided by Adobe for instructions.