The MDVA-42520 patch fixes the issue where the tax rate is applied twice when the Enable Cross Border Trade is used. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.11 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-42520. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3 - 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The tax rate is applied twice when the Enable Cross Border Trade is used.
Enable Company, Shared Catalog, and Quote
Configure taxes according to the screenshot. Make sure you enable Cross Border Trade.
Create a tax rate for Germany (10%).
Create a tax rule to apply the tax rate.
Create a company and a custom shared catalog.
Create a product with a price of 100 and include it in the custom shared catalog with a price discount of 20%.
Create a customer with a German address and assign it to the company
Add 10 products to the card as the customer.
Go to the shopping cart and request a quote.
Open this quote on the backend and try to add an additional 10% discount.
Quote Subtotal (Including Tax) and Quote Grand Total (Including Tax) = $720
Quote Subtotal (Including Tax) and Quote Grand Total (Including Tax) = $649.50.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.