MDVA-42237: Configurable product special price not updated
The MDVA-42237 patch fixes the issue where the configurable product's special price is not updated after changes in its subproduct price. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.11 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-42237. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The configurable product's special price is not updated after changes in its subproduct price.
Steps to reproduce:
- Go to Admin > System > Index Management and set Index Mode to Update By Schedule for all indexes.
- Create a configurable product with one simple product and set a special price for the subproduct.
- Check that the special price is reflected on the Storefront.
- Remove the special price using GraphQL and recheck the product price on the Storefront.
The special price is no longer displayed on the Storefront.
The price is not updated on the Storefront.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.