MDVA-42855: New customer address is not saved to address book during checkout
The MDVA-42855 patch fixes the issue where the new customer address is not saved to the address book during checkout. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.12 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-42855. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The new customer address is not saved to the address book during checkout.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a customer account and update the default shipping and billing address.
- Add a product to the cart and navigate to the checkout page.
- On Shipping, click + New Address.
- Enter your new address and keep the Save in Address Book checkbox ticked.
- On Payment, tick the My billing and shipping address are the same checkbox.
- Place the order.
- Check the address book.
The new shipping address is saved in the address book.
The new shipping address is not saved in the address book.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.