MDVA-43726: Catalog price rule fails to apply after partial reindex
The MDVA-43726 patch fixes the issue where the catalog price rule based on store-level attribute match fails to apply after partial reindex. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.12 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-43726. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.3 - 2.4.2-p2
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The catalog price rule based on store-level attribute match fails to apply after partial reindex.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set indexer mode to run on schedule.
- Create two configurable product attributes. For example: Color (Visual Swatch) and Size (Text Swatch).
- Create a configurable product using both attributes created in Step 2.
- After creating the products, create a Yes/No type attribute and make it visible in the rule conditions.
- Add this attribute to the default attribute set.
- Create a catalog price rule to apply when this attribute is set to Yes.
- Open one of the simple products related to the configurable product.
- Change the scope to store view and update the attribute value to Yes.
- Run the
CRON and check the price on the frontend.
- Run a full reindex. Again, check the price on the frontend.
- Update the configurable product category.
- Run the
CRON and check the price again on the frontend.
The catalog rule applies correctly without a full reindex using incremental indexers.
The catalog rule doesn't apply without running a full reindex.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.