The MDVA-43726 patch fixes the issue where the catalog price rule based on store-level attribute match fails to apply after partial reindex. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.12 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-43726. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.3 - 2.4.2-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The catalog price rule based on store-level attribute match fails to apply after partial reindex.
- Set indexer mode to run on schedule.
- Create two configurable product attributes. For example: Color (Visual Swatch) and Size (Text Swatch).
- Create a configurable product using both attributes created in Step 2.
- After creating the products, create a Yes/No type attribute and make it visible in the rule conditions.
- Add this attribute to the default attribute set.
- Create a catalog price rule to apply when this attribute is set to Yes.
- Open one of the simple products related to the configurable product.
- Change the scope to store view and update the attribute value to Yes.
- Run the
CRONand check the price on the frontend.
- Run a full reindex. Again, check the price on the frontend.
- Update the configurable product category.
- Run the
CRONand check the price again on the frontend.
The catalog rule applies correctly without a full reindex using incremental indexers.
The catalog rule doesn't apply without running a full reindex.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.