MDVA-42689: Users get Integrity Constraint Violation error while updating product categories during import
The MDVA-42689 patch solves the issue where users get an Integrity Constraint Violation error while updating product categories during import. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.12 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-42689. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Adobe Commerce throws an Integrity Constraint Violation error while updating product categories during import.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set up two websites.
- Create subcategories under the root category up to two levels on the category page. For example, Root Category > Gear > Watches.
- Create two simple products and assign both the products to the same Gear > Watches category.
- Assign one simple product to both websites.
- Save the product.
- Prepare a CSV file for import. There should be two product records with different store views. One of the products should belong to both these store views.
- Now import the CSV file by navigating to System > Import > Entity Type (Products).
CSV file is imported without any error.
Adobe Commerce throws the following error:
SQLSTATE: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '1302' for key 'PRIMARY', query was: INSERT INTO `catalog_url_rewrite_product_category` (`url_rewrite_id`,`category_id`,`product_id`) VALUES (?, ?, ?), (?, ?, ?), (?, ?, ?)
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.