The MDVA-43232 patch fixes the issue where sorting products in visual merchandiser by Special Price to Top (or Bottom) causes an error while saving category. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.12 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-43232. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.4 - 2.4.3
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Sorting products in visual merchandiser by Special Price to Top (or Bottom) causes an error while saving category.
- Make sure there are two websites.
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Price and set Catalog Price Scope = Website.
- Again, navigate to Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Visual Merchandiser > Visible Attributes for Category Rules > and add Special Price.
- Create a simple product and assign the products to both websites.
- Add a special price to the default scope of the product.
- Switch to the other store's scope and override both the Price and Special Price of that product.
- Do a
- Go to Catalog > Categories and create a new category.
- Add a category rule to filter products that have a special price.
- Save the category.
- Under the Products in Category section, set Sort Order = Special Price to Top (or Bottom).
- Save the category again.
The category is saved without errors.
An exception is thrown:
[2022-02-07T05:58:46.297621+00:00] report.CRITICAL: Exception: Item (Magento\Catalog\Model\Product\Interceptor) with the same ID "1" already exists. in /lib/internal/Magento/Framework/Data/Collection.php:407
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.