The MDVA-43731 patch fixes the issue where Search Synonyms stop working when a value is added in "Minimum Terms to Match". This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.12 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-43731. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3 - 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Search Synonyms stop working when a value is added in "Minimum Terms to Match".
- Install Adobe Commerce with sample data.
- Configure ElasticSearch7 as the search engine.
- Search for the word "Jacket". A list of products will show.
- Add the parameter [4<60%] in Configuration > Catalog > Catalog Search > Minimum Terms to Match.
- Clear Config Cache and do a reindex.
- Again search for the word "Jacket" and notice that a list of products is displayed.
- Go to Marketing > SEO & Search > Search Synonyms.
- Create Search Synonyms by adding the following synonyms: jacket, bagtecs, express plus.
- Do a reindex.
- Do a product search using any of the synonyms. E.g., jacket.
You get the same product list as before in the search results.
No product is shown in the search results.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.