The MDVA-43414 patch solves the PHP fatal error that occurs when running the
inventory.reservations.updateSalabilityStatus queue consumer on numerical SKUs. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.12 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-43414. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.6-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.6 - 2.3.7-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
PHP fatal error occurs when running the "inventory.reservations.updateSalabilityStatus" queue consumer on numerical SKUs.
Inventory modules installed.
- Create a custom inventory source and assign it to a new inventory stock.
- Create a product with the custom inventory source.
- Make sure that the product SKU is an integer value.
- Place an order.
- Run the
bin/magento queue:consumer:start inventory.reservations.updateSalabilityStatuscommand.
The queue starts without any error.
PHP fatal error occurs:
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Magento\InventoryIndexer\Model\Queue\UpdateIndexSalabilityStatus\IndexProcessor::getIndexSalabilityStatus() must be of the type string, int given, called in /vendor/magento/module-inventory-indexer/Model/Queue/UpdateIndexSalabilityStatus/IndexProcessor.php on line 119 and defined in /vendor/magento/module-inventory-indexer/Model/Queue/UpdateIndexSalabilityStatus/IndexProcessor.php:136
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.