MDVA-41229: Images available on backend not displayed on frontend after configurable products import
The MDVA-41229 patch solves the issue where images available on the backend are not displayed on the frontend after configurable products import. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.12 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-41229. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.2-p2 and 2.4.3-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Images available on the backend are not displayed on the frontend after configurable products import.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install a clean Adobe Commerce.
- Add a custom attribute by going to Stores > Attributes > Product > Add New Attribute with the settings below:
- Manage Labels:
- Manage Titles (Size, Color, etc.)
- Default Store View: Set Size
- Storefront Properties:
- Use in Search: Yes
- Search Weight: 1
- Visible in Advanced Search: No
- Comparable on Storefront: Yes
- Use in Layered Navigation: Filterable (with results)
- Use in Search Results Layered Navigation: Yes
- Use for Promo Rule Conditions: No
- Visible on Catalog Pages on Storefront: Yes
- Used in Product Listing: Yes
- Used for Sorting in Product Listing: No
- Add this attribute to the Default Attribute Set inside the Product Details Group (Stores > Attributes > Attribute Set).
- Download images set into var folder inside Adobe Commerce root directory.
- Go to System > Data Transfer > and import the file using the below options:
- Import Settings:
- Import Behavior:
- Import Behavior: Add/Update
- Validation Strategy: Stop on Error
- Allowed Errors Count: 1
- Field separator:
- Multiple value separator:
- Attribute value constant: EMPTYVALUE
- Fields enclosure: unchecked
- File to Import:
- Select File to Import
- Images File Directory: leave it empty
- Go to storefront to
/product-set.html page and switch between different Set Sizes. For Set Size 24, there will be no gallery.
The gallery for all simple products inside a configurable product is visible with all related images.
There is no gallery for the products.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.