The MDVA-42046 patch fixes the issue where an incorrect value is assigned for the product attribute while updating a product that has a date input field. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.13 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-42046. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.4 - 2.3.5-p2 and 2.4.0 - 2.4.4
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
After saving a product with
news_to_date fields, the values from those fields reset to default.
- Create a simple product.
- Export the product created in step one.
- In the exported CSV file, put some values in the
news_to_datefields. For example, 2021-05-15 and 2021-06-18.
- Import the product using the modified CSV file.
- Add additional columns "Set Product as New from Date" and "Set Product as New to Date" to the product grid.
- Open the edit page for the product, and without any changes, click Save.
- Go back to the product grid and check the data for the product.
Both "Set Product as New from Date" and "Set Product as New to Date" are the same as before saving.
Values in the "Set Product as New from Date" and "Set Product as New to Date" columns are changed.
The "Set Product as New from Date" column shows the current date, and the "Set Product as New to Date" column is empty.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.