The MDVA-42969 patch fixes the issue where the related product rule only works when the customer segment is set to all. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.13 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-42969. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1 - 2.4.2-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Related product rule only works when the customer segment is set to all.
Go to Stores > Configuration > Catalog > Rule-Based Product Relations and set Show Related Products = Rule-Based Only.
Go to Customers > Segments and create a new segment: Apply To = Visitors and Registered Customers.
Go to Marketing > Related Product Rules and create a new rule.
Apply To = Related Products Customer Segments = All Products to Match = SKU = <select a SKU> Products to Display = SKU +is one of+ Constant Value (specify 1-3 products)
Open the matching product on the storefront and verify that the Products to Display are shown.
Modify the rule created in step three and set Customer Segments = Specific > Segment from step two.
Open the matching product on the storefront.
Rule-Based Related Products are displayed on the storefront for visitors on the product because the customer segment is created with the following configuration:
Apply To = Visitors and Registered Customers
No Related Products are displayed.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.