MDVA-43983: Products set as "Not Visible Individually" appear in search results
The MDVA-43983 patch solves the issue where the products that are set as "Not Visible Individually" still appear in catalog advanced search results. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.14 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-43983. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2 - 2.4.4
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The products that are set as "Not Visible Individually" still appear in catalog advanced search results.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create an attribute with Catalog Input Type for Store Owner as Dropdown or Visual Swatch (for example, Color).
- Set Use in Search as Yes and Visible in Advanced Search as Yes.
- Add some attribute options.
- Create products with Visibility as Not Visible Individually.
- Assign Color attribute options.
- Go to the Catalog Advanced Search page on the storefront.
- Select only the Color attribute option from the Color attribute field, and leave the rest of the fields blank or as it is.
- Submit an advanced search form.
- Observe the search results.
Products that are set as "Not Visible Individually" do not appear in the catalog advanced search results.
Products that are set as "Not Visible Individually" appear in the catalog advanced search results.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.