The MDVA-38559 patch fixes the issue where the
/V1/customers/search API returns an error for customers who have more than one subscription. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.15 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38559. Please note that the issue is fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.2-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
/V1/customers/search API returns an error for customers with more than one subscription.
The Adobe Commerce store uses more than one website.
- Go to Store > Configuration > Customer > Customer Configuration > Account Sharing Options and select Global.
- Go to Customers > All Customers, select Edit on any customer, and then select Newsletter.
- Subscribe to a newsletter for more than one website and save the customer.
- Send the following request:
The customer's search results are displayed.
The following error is logged to exception.log: Item (Magento\Customer\Model\Customer\Interceptor) with the same ID "1" already exists.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.