The MDVA-44940 patch fixes the issue where an SQL error occurs while saving a category from the admin. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.16 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-44940. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3 - 2.4.4
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
An SQL error occurs when saving a category from the admin.
Install sample data.
Create a second website with a store group assigned to the default category.
- Create a store view assigned to the new store group.
Create stock and an additional source assigned to this stock and a sales channel assigned to the second website.
Create a test product assigned to the second website.
Go to Admin > Catalog > Categories, select Scope = Second Website and go to Products in Category > Automatic Sorting > Move out-of-stock products to the bottom and click Save.
The category is saved.
The following error occurs: Something went wrong while saving the category.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.