The ACSD-44938 patch fixes the issue where the VAT_ID cannot be applied in a GraphQL request for a guest user. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.18 is installed. The patch ID is ACSD-44938. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.3-p3
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
VAT_ID cannot be applied in a GraphQL request for a guest user.
- Follow the steps mentioned in the GraphQL tutorial in our developer documentation to create a guest cart.
- Try to apply VAT_ID for the guest user using GraphQL.
VAT_ID can be applied the same way as for a registered customer. See createCustomerAddress mutation article in our developer documentation.
VAT_ID cannot be applied for a guest user using GraphQL.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.